Sr. Principal Electrical Design Integration Engineer (TS or SCI Clearance Required)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Sr. Principal Electrical Design Integration Engineer (TS or SCI
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider of prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) has an
opening for a Sr. Principal Electrical Design Integration Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Vehicle &
Software Engineering Department. This position will be located in
Redondo Beach, CA. The responsibilities include (but are not
limited to) the following space vehicle, spacecraft, and/or payload
electrical integration tasks:
The responsibilities of an Electrical Design Integration Engineer
- Electrical systems requirements development & analysis
- System, subsystem, and unit-to-unit electrical block diagram
- Power and command & telemetry hardware resource management and
- Electrical Connectivity development for spacecraft harness
- Fusing, signal integrity, and electrical interface
- Cable & Harness Design
- Provide feedback regarding the impacts of possible cost and/or
- Work and execute independently with some technical
- Must have a working knowledge of Power Converter
- Ability to interface with project management/IPT, RDE, SPM,
customer, and functional management.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related STEM
(Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline with
9 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM with 7
years of engineering experience
- Candidate must currently have, and be able to maintain, at
least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security
clearances: Department of Defense Secret level and/or Department of
Defense Top Secret and/or SCI Access. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written
communications skills, leadership skills, and organization
- Spacecraft and/or payload electrical design integration, cable
& harness design, and/or command & telemetry database development
background with experience through the entire system lifecycle from
concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to
- Understanding of electrical interface standards such as
MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, RS-422, etc.
- Experience working on electrical design and troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as
PSPICE, and/or database management software such as Microsoft
Access or ORACLE.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Routed Systems Designer (RSD),
HarneSys, and/or CATIA V5 harness development toolsNorthrop Grumman
offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time
employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:Medical, Dental
& Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules: For example, some roles offer the ability to
work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a
nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday
off of workFor more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
Salary Range: $129,700 USD - $194,500 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Sr. Principal Electrical Design Integration Engineer (TS or SCI Clearance Required), Professions , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...