Associate Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Associate Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Supply
Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position is located in Redondo Beach, California
- Able to accommodate a hybrid (in-office/telecommute)
- 9/80 shift with every other Friday off!
- Opportunities for occasional travel. Essential Functions:
Source and procure complex, specialized goods and services. Owns
contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for
subcontract sourcing, proposal evaluation, negotiation, award,
execution, administration and closeout phases. Coordinates and
collaborates with key stakeholders such as legal, contracts,
finance, planning, operations, program management, engineering, and
quality. As part of a cross-functional team, candidate will monitor
and manage schedule, cost, technical and quality performance of
suppliers in support of US Government programs. Subcontract
Specialists will interface with supplier leadership teams to
motivate and drive excellence in performance of contractual
- Responsible for subcontract sourcing, proposal evaluation,
negotiation, award, execution, administration and closeout
- Manages supplier performance throughout the subcontracting
- Ensures compliance with all FAR, DFARS and public law
requirements, as well as company policies and procedures
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve
efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted
- Cultivates and maintains strong working relationships with
suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders
- Contributes to Program Risk and Opportunity management
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to
drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement Basic
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of a
- Proficiency inMicrosoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations.
- Supplier selection/management experience on US Government
- Subcontracting experience with aircraft production and/or
- Experience working within a government approved purchasing
- Familiarity with NGAS Subcontracting terms and conditions.
Salary Range: $56,300 USD - $84,500 USD Employees may be eligible
for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses
are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Associate Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist, Professions , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!