Company: Servicon Systems Inc
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Servicon Systems, Inc.EEO Statement: Equal Employment
statusGroundskeeperUS-CA-Redondo BeachJob ID: 2022-3885# of
Openings: 5Category: Janitorial/CustodialNGC Space Park
ClearedOverviewWe are women-owned and operated, with nearly 50
years of expertise as a leading environmental solutions provider,
focused on infection prevention for complex facilities. As a local,
privately held company, we are agile and can maneuver quickly to
support the needs of our people and clients. Our goal is to become
a trusted partner, not outsourced vendor. One of our greatest
strengths is our Culture of Caring. From our CEO to the front-line
staff, Servicon embodies our vision of creating healthy
environments for people to thrive. This results in greater client
satisfaction and healthier outcomes. Meticulous adherence to
infection prevention standards interwoven with compassionate
service delivery is the key to success. Servicon focuses on three
essential elements for establishing a Culture of Caring and
Excellence: People, Programs, and Performance. These components
represent our strong value alignment, positively impacting patient
care, infection prevention, and throughput.ResponsibilitiesThe
Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the job site's
landscape and hardscape areas including, but not limited to
gardens, parks, property exteriors, open grounds, and airfields.
The Groundskeeper controls and ensures plant growth, the
cleanliness of outdoor facilities and pruning of overgrown hedges.
Additionally, the Groundskeeper oversees the maintenance and
repairs of exterior equipment, landscape structures, outdoor
furniture, and walkways. Demand levels are managed through constant
interface the with the local work team and on-site client.
- Responsible for clearing of plants and debris found on or near
the aircraft flightlines, where applicable.
- Apply fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed to
control weed growth and harmful insect populations through-out the
- Remove weeds and dead plants as needed to preserve the health
and natural beauty of the plants.
- Trim overgrown trees, prune limbs, leaves and hedges to ensure
an appealing look to the area. Cut and remove trees under ten feet
as needed. Replant trees where necessary.
- Fix, repair and adjust water irrigation sprinkler heads as
- Communicate with the client's point-of-contact to prioritize
- Pick up and remove trash prior to mowing a designated
- Prepare soil and plant flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Change out filled debris dumpsters. Coordinate with and assist
(third party vendor) haul-off truck drivers to gain access into the
disposal/ recycling stations.
- Move all used materials and debris to predesignated stations
for further recycling. Maintain neat and orderly stations.
- Operate company trucks, mowers, forklifts, tugs, tractors and
other motorized vehicles, pick-up / make deliveries, and commute to
other Servicon job sites.
- As required, operate powered spray washing equipment for
hardscape cleaning and sanitation.
- Perform routine maintenance on power equipment.
- Secure work sites by placing barricades and safety detours
around active work areas.
- Use manual tools, including but not limited to rakes, trimming
shears, cutting plyers, electric saws, blowers, and other gardening
tools as required to maintain plant growth.
- Complete and adhere to Safety training, including but not
limited to: PPE use; Asbestos awareness (level 1 only); Fall
Protection; Ladder usage; Fire Extinguisher Operation; Forklift
Operation; Confined Space Awareness; Lock Out / Tag-out awareness;
SDS information; Hazard Communication / Spill Prevention Control &
Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan; OSHA related compliance and the
Contractor Safety Manual (client's procedures).
- Fully understand and practice all client and Servicon Safety
programs, promote safety as a culture to team members and wear
applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing any
- Assist in the training of team members including safety,
company policies & procedures and the proper execution of the
statement of work and maintenance of related equipment.Inspect
assigned work area during/after work completion to verify all work
has been done in compliance with site specific procedures and
client's scope of work schedules including daily weekly, and
monthly special requests.
- Maintain operational readiness of assigned work vehicles,
equipment, and tools, reporting any damage or non-operation to
local management immediately.
- Ensure supplies are neatly stored in their work area, equipment
/ tools are maintained in good working order, equipment repairs are
reported in a timely manner and equipment is cleaned thoroughly at
the end of each shift.PI201711848
Keywords: Servicon Systems Inc, Redondo Beach , Groundskeeper, Other , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!