Sr Principal Network Communications
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a
well-qualified Network Communication engineer to join its dynamic
team of technical professionals in the Redondo Beach, CA area.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN Information Systems.
- Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in
support of customer requirements.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and
computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing,
such as routers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
- Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications
requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring
such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation
exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding
short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network
problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend
- Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP,
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer
installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate
- Able to design and implement an enterprise network. Recommends
data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and
customers based on results of independent assessment of current and
future network performance, stability, and network management
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's
degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of
experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in
lieu of degree
- Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain
DoD Top Secret clearance as condition of continued employment
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or
ability to obtain with 6 months of hire
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN
- Experience with Cisco hardware and setting up switched
- DoD Top Secret clearance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in IS related field
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best
practices; experience with network challenges associated with
systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis
and system architecture design
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and has effectively
managed small teams
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools
(i.e. WireShark, Opnet, etc. Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, , Sr Principal Network Communications, Other , Redondo Beach,
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!