Sr Principal Engr Matl Process
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2022
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening
for a Sr. Principal Engineer Material Process - Metallurgist, to
join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will
be located in Redondo Beach, California.
The Sr. Principal Engineer Material Process - Metallurgist will be
part of the Engineering Team and is responsible for providing
Materials and Processes support to aerospace hardware production,
developing materials, processes, engineering specifications, and
performing metallurgical evaluations and failure analyses. The
successful candidate will collaborate with design engineering,
manufacturing, QA, and customers to help deliver high quality,
precision aerospace products. Our Sr. Principal Engineer Material
Process - Metallurgistwill also investigate opportunities for
improving existing materials, processes, equipment, adherence to
specifications, and technology for attaining cost reduction and
continuous improvement goals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and guidance on aluminum, ferrous materials,
other metals, material development, material selection, material
testing, coatings and failure analysis.
- Provide expertise and guidance on the relationship between
materials and manufacturing processes focused mainly on forging,
heat treating, and metals joining.
- Investigate opportunities for improving existing materials,
processes, equipment, and technology.
- Provide hands-on support to production operations to implement
cost reduction and productivity improvement projects.
- Perform rigorous failure analysis. Conduct or manage laboratory
testing and analysis.
- Support prototype trials, materials analysis and performance
- Participate in development and improvement of strategic
suppliers.As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space
Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule
allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday
to take every other Friday offBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
Math) discipline plus 9 years of engineering experience OR Master's
Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
discipline plus 7 years of engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in aluminum, titanium, and/or ferrous
- Experience with manufacturing processes including forging, heat
treating, welding and/or brazing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance or
SCI accessPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science
- Active SCI clearance
- Material selection and qualification experience
- Metallurgical evaluation skills and failure analysis techniques
- Metallurgical experience in the aerospace industry
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% domestically and
internationally Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Sr Principal Engr Matl Process, Other , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!