Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
If you have an interest in business real estate, we have a
unique opportunity for you! The Property Coordinator (Real Estate
Rep) works alongside senior management to maintain our billboard
real estate portfolio, assists with zoning abstracts, and
participates in landowner negotiations. Our Lamar office in Los
Angeles, California is in search of a new real estate team member
to help us enhance the outdoor advertising in Los Angeles, CA and
the surrounding areas.The purpose of this position is to assist the
General Manager and/or Real Estate Manager with portfolio
management including all real estate related functions and
activities necessary to profitably secure, maintain and grow the
company's real estate portfolio of leased and owned properties in a
manner consistent with Lamar's business practices.Fluency in
Spanish is required to be considered for this position.Who we
are:Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the
largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over
351,000 displays across the United States and Canada Lamar is
dedicated to helping both local businesses and national brands
reach broad audiences every day.We provide ad space through:
- Interstate logos
- Handpainted murals
- Transportation and airports
- The largest network of digital billboards in the United
StatesWe live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and
integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our
employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the
communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each
office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees
feel connected both locally and nationally.We are committed to
sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use
a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental
impact. We are actively working to reduce our annual greenhouse gas
emissions and are projecting a 70% decrease by 2026 as a result of
our efforts.Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- What can you expect from us?
- $26 - $28 / hour -+ - performance bonuses!
- A Monday-Friday work schedule with paid holidays
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with
- 401(k) plan with company contributions for participation
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium
holidays and HSA contributionsA day in the life:As a Real Estate
Representative in the Los Angeles office, you will be responsible
for assisting with monitoring, tracking, and analyzing critical
operational data and dates associated with land lease agreements,
owned properties and other real estate assets. You will also assist
the General Manager and/or Real Estate Manager with landowner
negotiation and conflict resolution. This will also include
assisting with preparing, presenting, and negotiating agreements
with landowners, their agents or representatives for the purpose of
securing new or existing real estate assets.As for daily
administrative duties, you will act as first point of contact with
existing and potential landowners for all real estate related
matters pointing them in the right direction and helping as needed.
You will enter, maintain, and routinely audit data, reports, and
electronic files to ensure accurate accounting, recordkeeping and
file management within various internal software applications.You
will also assist in collaborating with internal company departments
and landowners to ensure continued access to the company's signs
and resolving any appearance or vegetation issues, keeping our
billboards clear and visible to all! -Other responsibilities as
- Assist with:
- Creating and maintaining an up-to-date market abstract by
identifying areas for growth or relocation of existing assets
through documentation and analysis of current zoning laws and
regulations. The abstract shall include identifying and documenting
any properties that meet the criteria for permitting as required by
the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Monitoring competitor activity and permitting practices.
- Assist with for maintaining an accurate record of state and
local zoning ordinances and monitoring any proposed zoning
applications or changes.What we are looking for in YOU:
- Ability to know and understand city and state codes/regulations
(as applicable), related maps for all jurisdictions within the
designated market area, and an understanding of the permitting and
variance process for each jurisdiction.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, possess the
ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while
establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), web applications, and the ability
to quickly and easily learn job related computer programs.
- Work requires an excellent command of the English language to
correspond and communicate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate
vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and
procedures, and negotiate with lessors.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural,
economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Must possess attention to detail in composing, typing and
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting skills and practices to
ensure accurate payment distributions. Ability to operate within a
set yearly budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle confidential information and
situations.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish is required.
- Associates degree or some college is required. In lieu of this,
2 years of experience in business, real estate, property
management, leasing, or another related field is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as business or real
estate is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in business, real estate,
leasing, or another related field is required unless applicant
possesses a Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in land acquisition, zoning, and land
use planning is preferred.
- Current and valid driver's license is required.
- Or other equivalent combination of education and
experiencePhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an office
however driving in the field is also required.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting,
seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, depth perception, and
peripheral vision), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing,
stooping, talking, turning, and
- Nights spent traveling, away from home, are less than 10%.Lamar
is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any
other State or Federally protected characteristicDisability
Self-Identification:When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be
asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability.
Please take a moment to watch for clarification on why were asking
for this information!California Residents - Lamar collects personal
information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants.
This information may include, for example, name, address, phone
number and other contact information, employment history and
reference contact information, and any other information provided
by an applicant to Lamar. - By submitting an application, you
consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely
for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. - Lamar
will not sell this information.#Reg57IDEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, , Real-Estate Coordinator, Other , Redondo Beach,
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!