Insert Organization Chart and Job Description:
- ENGR, NETWORK
A Senior Network Engineer is able to evaluate
the existing network architecture and the requirements of a given
network project. This position requires the individual to act with
other teams within Frontier to review Ethernet delivery from an
End-to-End outlook in order to ultimately reduce intervals and
improve all metrics within M6.
This person will work as a team member with engineers from
Outside Plant, Broadband, Transport, Core, and Network Planning to
support the implementation of Ethernet services. This
individual will be responsible for analysis of Ethernet orders,
network designs, and be able to engineer plans and
designs. This engineering position requires a vast
understanding of Frontier’s Metro-E network in all of Frontier’s
footprint, which differs between CTF, CT and legacy states.
They will be required to produce Ethernet reports, analyze data and
work with other teams to communicate with other teams to improve on
reducing Ethernet intervals.
Duties & Responsibilities in this position:
Will have responsibility for overseeing Ethernet orders and
working as support for Broadband and Transport Engineering teams to
reduce intervals across the board, particularly on Express orders
which have an SLA of 10 business days or less.
Timely builds on End to End Ethernet delivery, data analysis,
Express order interval reduction ownership, oversight, and
- Provide guidance and support to installation and provisioning
- Have an understanding of Ethernet network across Frontier
footprint and assist where needed to reduce intervals.
- Pull reports, analyze reports and create documents for
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Advance Excel Spreadsheet Knowledge.
- Five years Ethernet Engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of experience in
telecommunications engineering and network design.
- Project management skills - Must have able to manage multiple
priorities in a technical environment with ability to report and
track project progress through good project management
- Knowledge of Ethernet and Optical network components and
- Knowledge of Ethernet (certifications are a plus), MPLS, ATM,
SONET, and ROADM architectures and theories.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong analytical aptitude.
- Strong English-language written and oral communications skills.
Must be comfortable presenting and be able to provide appropriate
level of materials to all audiences - Executive, engineering,
operations, construction, COEI.
- Knowledge of Power Point, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Metasolv M6, Infinium, Spotfire and Varasset
- Team Oriented and result driven.
Must have detailed knowledge of Ethernet delivery. Knowledge of
engineering tools to include the following, M6, Spotfire Reporting,
Varasset, Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft
PowerPoint, Outlook and other related company software. Excellent
organizational skills, communications skills (written and verbal)
and customer relations will be utilized in achieving desired
results and are critical to the position. Outside plant
construction and project management experience and inventory
management experience. Must be able to manage multiple projects in
various stages of activity.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or 5 years’ experience
related to Ethernet engineering. Must be able to demonstrate
knowledge with heavy emphasis on Ethernet design (Ethernet over
copper and fiber). Must have a solid knowledge of
telecommunications and be able to participate and lead project
teams to achieve team objectives and goals. Strong interpersonal
skills are very important in discussions and meetings with
engineering teams, interdepartmental groups within Frontier and