Electronic Technician 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Category: Technical Support Location: Redondo Beach, California
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position Shift:
1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time Positions
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Strategic
Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for
launch systems capabilities serving national security, military,
civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of
providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense
products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success.
Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, is hiring a
Electrical Technician 3 located in Redondo Beach, CA with
responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under close supervision,
performs routine technical functions related to the support of
development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout,
fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and
Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry,
prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may
include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic
systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from
schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or
defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout,
troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and
simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine
operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and
equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications.
Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level.
Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned.
Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including
oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test
apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development,
engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those
assigned to production test activities.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D)
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing technician
- Experience working from one or more of the following:
Blueprints, schematics or engineering related drawings including
- Experience working on one or more of the following: Cables,
Electronics, Hardware or Soldering.
- Experience working with RF Cables.
- Familiarity with other electronic test equipment such as
spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer vector signal
analyzer a plus.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot test set and deliverable hardware
- Ability to generate and support disposition of discrepancy
- Ability to adhere to local processes, procedures and
- Ability to safely handle and mate/demate cables, harnesses and
waveguide and associated connectors and support equipment.
- Ability to perform manual labor including but not limited to
lifting and moving heavy test equipment, trench covers, often heavy
cables and harnessing.
- Testing and troubleshooting of antennas/antenna subsystems
- Familiarity with System Integration Test and Evaluation and
processes and procedures or equivalent.
- Familiarity with RF and Communications, digital systems or
- Familiarity with database maintenance, test script and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Electronic Technician 3, Other , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!