Sr. Principal Engineer Mechanical
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Category: Engineering Location: Redondo Beach, California US
Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for
this position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the
Time Positions Available: 4
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Strategic
Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for
launch systems capabilities serving national security, military,
civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of
providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense
products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success.
Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening
for a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer- Sub Project Lead, to join
our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be
located in Redondo Beach, California. This Sub Project Lead will
report to the Manufacturing Engineering Operations Department and
contribute functionally and technically to drive overall program
and department success. This is a highly dynamic role where
outstanding organizational skills as well as leadership skills will
be essential to be successful. In this role, you will have the
opportunity to interact with numerous stakeholders including but
not limited to:
- Program management
- Manufacturing engineering
- Production floor leads
- Flight hardware design engineers
- Logistical support services.
- Lead responsibilities for activities within a production
- Supporting Functional Homeroom initiatives and projects
including process improvement, Event Response Teams, Corrective,
and Preventive Action implementation.
- Sub Project Lead responsibilities include: planning and program
performance, addressing cost (Earned Value Management System),
schedule, technical performance, and quality of a spacecraft
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented technical
direction to manufacturing engineers, process planners, and floor
leads utilizing appropriate guidelines & general policies.
- Produces shop load/demand requirements to influence resource
requirements in production areas and drive work dispatching to the
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline plus 9 years of engineering
experience OR Masters of Science Degree in a Science, Technology,
Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline plus 7 years of engineering
- Experience within a Manufacturing industry.
- Proven leadership experience on a project and/or team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance or
- Experience as a Shop Floor Lead or Manager
- An active SSBI clearance or SCI access.
- Experience managing production resources.
- Knowledge of spacecraft subassemblies and/or integration and
- Experience in space systems and space system production,
integration and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Sr. Principal Engineer Mechanical, Other , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!