Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - Windows Systems Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - Windows Systems
- Category: Information Technology
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 3 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
NG- Military Internship Program Description: As one of the largest
global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud
to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to
civilian careers. Approximately 1/4thof Northrop Grumman's 90,000
employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are
reservists.The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program
(NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense
Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for
transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work
experience through an individual internship during their last 6
months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman
Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience
levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation
from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military
compensation and benefits as active-duty service
members.Responsibilities for this internship position are:Northrop
Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman -
Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI
guidance for SkillBridge. During this program the service member
will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual
internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service
member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule
equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals,
Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
- Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style
job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military
commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer
internships that result in the potential to transition to a
full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns
will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military
candidates into NGC.
- Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program
will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the
specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG
mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a
comprehensive internship experience including professional
development, networking with leadership, and training specifically
focused on NG leadership principles, company history,
customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and
core job responsibilities.
- Outcome - Offer transitioning service member a rewarding
opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.DoD SkillBridge
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in
chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate
in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Job Description:Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a
well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic
team of technical professionals. This position is located in
Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for an classified
network working in a on-premise environment.
- Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of
Windows servers and workstations support aircraft R&D
- Support a physical and virtual server infrastructure.
- Install, harden, and patch Windows operating systems.
- Develop and document technical procedures.
- Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various
- Learn new technologies on own and work effectively
independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
- Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to
maintain required security controls and configuration
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as
requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
- Occasional travel to customer or other Northrop Grumman sites
in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment
- Lead actions with peer systems administrators, network
administrators, security teams, and software and hardware
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Associate's degree and 4 years of experience; Bachelor's degree
and 2 years of experience OR Master's degree and 0 years of
experience; 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of
- Must have or the ability to obtain IAM Level I certification
(ex: Security+ CE) or greater within 6 months of start date.
- Must have an Active DOD Secret Security Clearance or
- Must have the ability to obtain special access programs.
- Must have experience managing Windows Server OS in a domain
- Must have experience with designing Windows domain
architectures, including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs,
Policies, and permissions.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IS related field.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with STIG operating under and managing systems
within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or
JSIG information system environments.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management, and
patching using WSUS.
- Experience with Servers and storage hardware installation and
- An understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities;
experience hardening Windows per RMF and STIGs.
- HyperVisor configuration and management experience.
- Understanding of Cisco switches and basics understanding of LAN
and WAN networking
- Windows 10 administration experience; Windows Server 2016/2019
experience; Group Policies (GPOs) experience; Active Directory
- Good writing skills and use of Sharepoint sites for
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux). ESCSO
ESSysAdminESMilIntern Salary Range: $74,900 USD - $112,300 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - Windows Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...