Sr. Principal Linux HPC System Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Requisition ID: R10053908
- Category: Information Technology
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking a
well-qualified Linux Administrator to join its dynamic team of
technical professionals in the Redondo Beach, CA area. Roles and
responsibilities will include:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified
government contract. Managing systems, including Red Hat.
- Enterprise Linux servers, workstations, and applications for
several program or project areas.
- Support highly skilled engineers working with advanced
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with
internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network, software, and system
engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and
customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration
tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and
determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to
problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and
disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file
permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and
minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors;
evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all
classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer
- Report project status as required for all recurring and
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and
develop approach to solutions.Basic Qualifications:
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's
degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of
experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in
lieu of completed degree
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or
ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and
maintain DoD Top Secret clearance as condition of continued
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience with Linux OSPreferred Qualifications:
- DoD Top Secret clearance
- Redhat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp)
administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to
include all commonly-used RAID-levels
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration
and usage experience
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities ;
Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and
- Networker backup and restore experienceESCSO
ESSysAdmin Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD Employees may
be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Sr. Principal Linux HPC System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!