RN Clinical Unit Supervisor Perioperative Services
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: September 9, 2023
If interested please apply online and send your resume to
The Clinical Unit Supervisor (CUS) is a skilled and experienced
professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for the clinical
practice excellence and the management of patient care in the
Perioperative Services practice setting. Reporting to the
Perioperative Services' Manager , the Clinical Unit Supervisor is
accountable for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and
providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care
based on the Watson Model of Care, including the identification and
demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations
of Age and Population Specific awareness. The Clinical Unit
Supervisor will promote the maximum growth and development of the
employees and assure patient advocacy under the direction of the
Director of Perioperative Services. This position requires the full
understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the
employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values.
The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the
quality and performance improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships while acting
as the primary liaison for the Surgeons, Anesthesia Care Team, and
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with all parties to
facilitate all aspects of clinical operations of the unit.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to
- Assumes shift accountability by educating, setting measurable
goals and objectives so that sensitive, caring, optimum quality,
and cost effective care is delivered in an environment of
compassion, and respect through effective and efficient
- Continuously seek and integrate evidence-based studies and
practices in performing daily duties to ensure high quality patient
care and elevation of professional practice standards.
- Determines appropriate assignments of unit personnel by
considering each employee's skills, abilities, competencies,
experiences and expertise; while maintaining safe clinical
operations' and fiscal efficiency
- Assigns break times for each employee and relieves each
licensed personnel for breaks in compliance with Title 22
- Maintains the tracking board and works with anesthesia on
triaging of cases.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Maintains a positive work environment, acts as a good role
model for the staff and promotes service excellence that will
maintain/improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Actively resolves complaints and/or conflicts involving
patients, patients' visitors/families and physicians to improve and
sustain customer satisfaction
- Assists in the interview process of applicants for unit
positions and makes recommendations to the Director of
Perioperative Services. Ensure that all new hires have competency
and orientation packet completed within 90 days from start
- Contributes to the counseling process as directed by the
Director of Perioperative Services.
- Assist with the performance evaluation of employees and make
recommendations as needed.
- Assists Manager of Perioperative Services in reviewing payroll
in Kronos time for employees.
- Responsible for notifying Administration, Director of
Perioperative Services, Administrative Nursing Supervisor and Risk
Manager of risk events and follow up as appropriate.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Director of Perioperative Services.
- Maintains intimate knowledge of Perioperative Services policies
and procedures and acts as a resource for the RN's on the
- Provides input and feedback to fiscal and budget planning that
promotes safety and optimum patient care outcomes.
- Assist with additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in nursing (individuals hired
without a BSN will be required to complete a degree program within
5 years of their hire date)
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience in
Perioperative Services at acute care hospital with basic knowledge
of regulatory guidelines and professional practice standards .
- A minimum of one (1) year of progressive nursing leadership
- Internal candidates will be considered at management's
- Current California Nursing license
- ASPAN and /or CNOR Certification preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record preferred
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Redondo Beach , RN Clinical Unit Supervisor Perioperative Services, Healthcare , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!