CNA/Care Partner - Haven
Company: Kensington Senior Living, LLC
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2022
$1000 Hiring Bonus for full-time experienced CNAs and/or
qualified caregivers and $500 Hiring Bonus for part-time
experienced CNAs and/or qualified caregivers. Do you have a passion
and love for seniors? Do you want to work for an employer who
appreciates you and values you?If so, The Kensington Redondo Beach
is looking for full-time and part-time qualified caring and loving
people to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and a great
benefits package to our full-time team members. Please let us know
if you're interested in finding out more about our open positions
and provide us with your contact information at your earliest
convenience.We look forward to hearing from you!Summary:The Care
Manager- Memory Care provides direct care to residents in the
Memory Care neighborhoods (Connections and Haven), including
activities of daily living, therapeutic activities programs, and
restorative programs. Assistance may be total, partial, or stand by
depending upon physical and cognitive ability of resident.Duties
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by
maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting
independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community
activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair with
the correct use of the transfer techniques if required. Depending
on residents' weight and physical abilities, may require the
assistance of another aide or the use of a mechanical lift to move
the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provide
assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitor hygiene
continuously and assist as needed to ensure that residents and
their clothing are clean.
- Assists in personal grooming of residents including brushing
hair, brushing teeth, trimming fingernails and toenails, and
assists residents in dressing or undressing. Folds or hangs clean
clothing items and places soiled items in hamper.
- Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care. May be
required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinals catheter
bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in
room as required. Assists in delivery dining service to residents
and documenting intake of nourishment as needed. Serves in-between
meal nourishment and assists as needed. Records amount eaten by
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in
resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and
maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or
family as needed.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Documents assistance
provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all
changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.Knowledge and
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as
percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Qualifications:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse
Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience
and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Assistant Certification is required.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan
process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from
tuberculosis hall be verified by a health screening performed by a
physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following
- Have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and
maintain throughout length of employment.
- Must be COVID vaccinated and boosted.
- Must test negative for COVID prior to working in the community.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust
- The team member regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use
hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and
reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push
such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and
interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful
Keywords: Kensington Senior Living, LLC, Redondo Beach , CNA/Care Partner - Haven, Healthcare , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!