Director of Dining
Company: The Kensington Redondo Beach
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: September 16, 2023
At The Kensington of Redondo Beach, we focus on culinary
innovation and exemplary service, and we're committed to making a
positive difference in people's lives every day.
Our first priority has always been the safety and wellbeing of our
employees, partners, clients, and customers.
During these unprecedented times, we will continue to keep this
commitment at the forefront when making when making decisions for
Your talents and skills are in high demand in areas of critical
need nationwide. You can make a difference for individuals in need
during this extraordinary time. Our healthcare business ishiring
immediatelyfor the Director of Dining Services at Redondo Beach,
The Director of Dining Services is responsible for assuring the
overall quality and efficiency of Dining Services of the community
by overseeing the establishment of dietary requirements, adherence
to regulatory requirements, and daily operations including kitchen
production, meal service, snack and beverage service, departmental
safety, and sanitation of the work area. As the first in charge of
food service at The Kensington of Redondo Beach, you will set
standards of quality and presentation for dining services at The
Kensington of Redondo Beach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the
Dining/Dietary Departments. Monitors and adjusts staffing levels,
menu planning, food and supply inventories, and food production to
meet labor cost, food cost, and dining quality goals.
2. Develops seasonal 4 week menu cycles that provide creative and
appealing items for residents in all levels of assisted and special
needs living. Obtains approval from a licensed dietician that menus
are well balanced, varied, and nutritionally adequate to meet the
needs of each resident.
3. Prepares and provides residents three meals daily in common
dining areas and makes snacks and beverages available to residents
continuously throughout each 24 hour period, 7 days per week.
4. Prepares and arranges for the provision of special diets to
individuals as ordered by the residents' physician or as required
by the residents' condition. Ensures that special diets and dietary
restrictions are documented in the residents' record and service
5. Schedules and supervises the activities of culinary and service
team members involved in the food service program, which includes
all kitchen, dining areas, and snack/beverage areas of the
6. Plans and implements all Dining/Dietary related in-service
training programs. Maintains records as to the continuing education
of each team member participating in the Dining/Dietary
7. Assures compliance with the all federal, state, and local laws
and regulations related to Dining Services.
8. Develops and carries out cleaning, preventative maintenance, and
inspection programs for all kitchens, equipment, storage areas,
janitor closets, service areas, lounges, and dining rooms, so that
they are continuously maintained in safe, clean, like new
9. Provides menu and event planning support to the sales and
marketing department for special events that are held within the
10. Interviews, provides hiring recommendations, trains, orients,
supervises, evaluates and disciplines Dining Services personnel.
Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps team
members informed of changes that affect them.
11. Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required.
12. Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment
or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong positive attitude toward
customer service and have a genuine interest in geriatric care and
uphold the philosophy of the community
- Must be able maintain a good working relationship with staff,
residents and families.
- Must possess good skills in planning, organizing, directing,
- Demonstrate a track record of a good sense of efficiency and
delegation of work assignments.
- Must be knowledgeable of current food industry and assisted
living regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages and diverse backgrounds, while maintaining an
energetic and positive attitude.
- Must have at leave five (5) years experience in culinary
trades, with full operational knowledge of front and back of the
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Formal education
in management, culinary arts and other related fields is
- Must be able to do basic math calculations needed in recipe and
production requirements and financial management.
- Must have current certification in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified
by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6)
months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health
screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior
to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan
process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Must test negative for COVID prior to working in the
- Must be COVID vaccinated within 30 days of employment.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for
extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only job duties to be performed by the team member occupying this
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each
Keywords: The Kensington Redondo Beach, Redondo Beach , Director of Dining, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!