Manager, Structural Engineering 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: January 21, 2023
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is currently hiring a
Structural Analysis Engineering Manager 2 (Section Manager) to join
our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This leadership role is
located in Redondo Beach, CA.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the functional engineering activities of approximately
15 Structural Analysis Engineers.
- In addition to functional Section Manager duties, the candidate
will perform IPT engineering tasks, which will comprise most of the
statement of work. Note: Internal candidates aligned to Vehicle
Engineering will typically continue to perform their existing IPT
- Product integrity, process adherence, staffing, training, and
- Process oversight, participation in the performance review
process, management of personnel records and participation in
corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Staffing responsibilities may include hiring, recruiting of
personnel, and working to ensure that engineers with the
appropriate skills and experience are deployed.
- Manage training opportunities and budget allocations, as well
as participation in tool, process, and metric initiatives.
- Team engagement is a key focus.
- Mentor, provide career guidance and coaching, and leading
- Travel to other Northrop Grumman and/or customer sites as
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills.As a
leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical
standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to
achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the
needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with
respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development.
You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts,
retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop
trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate
effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel
engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive
for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.Basic
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline AND 9 years of
professional/military engineering experience, OR a Master's degree
in a STEM discipline AND 7 years of professional/military
- Minimum 7 years of applicable Stress/Structural Analysis
experience working on military or government aircraft
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
This clearance must be obtained within a reasonable amount of time
as determined by the company to meet its business needs.Preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership and management
- Nine (9) years of applicable Stress/Structural Analysis
experience working on military or government aircraft
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively
interact with the customer and program management.
- Proficiency with MS Office software (Excel, Word,
- Experience with CAD tools, such as CATIA.
- Active Secret clearance Salary Range: $147,800 USD - $221,800
USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition
to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Manager, Structural Engineering 2, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!