Case Manager - Los Angeles
Company: Acuity International
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging
our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have
career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a
unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today!
To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below
to find your next career!This position provides case management of
the Young Adult Case Management Program (YACMP) participants from
entry into the program to release by administering the program's
policies and procedures in compliance with contractual
- Conducts an initial interview with participants prior to their
release from aging out to confirm their intended destination upon
release and to gather other relevant information about the
- Conducts regular communication with Immigration and Customs
Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO).
Notifications to ERO must be made according to the contract.
- Conducts orientation, assessments and generates a tailored
service plan that rigorously defines distinct vulnerabilities and
needs and identifies the combination of services, resources, and
oversight measures that will serve as an effective framework to
ensure successful participation in the program. -
- Conducts regular and on-going monitoring of each participant
through monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly office visits and monthly
telephonic check-ins. Conducts additional check-ins as needed to
promote compliance with immigration requirements.
- Develops and maintains accurate and complete case records for
all participants from entry to release and in compliance with
contractual obligations. Proactively manages cases using all
appropriate tools and techniques. - Maintains confidentiality of
- Collaborates with organizations that have experience connecting
families with local community-based organizations (include medical,
mental health, trauma informed care, ethnic community groups,
religious organizations, educational resources, and other
- Identifies and maintains relationships with translation
resources in the community, including private services, volunteers,
universities, English as a Second Language (ESL) schools,
Non-Governmental Organizations, churches, and other organizations
that might have resources to offer the young adult.
- Coordinates participant transportation to ensure appearance at
court hearings and appointments related to their immigration case.
Maintain and provide participants with all public transportation
options, and how to use public transportation in their area of
residence. - Assist participants with planning their transportation
to required court hearing and other appointments.
- Informs participants of their legal rights, responsibilities,
and obligations. Communicates the importance of compliance with ICE
Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) reporting requirements,
immigration court appearance dates, and removal orders.
- Confirm enrollment in school. All school-aged children are
required to enroll in and attend school per state requirements. -
Provide support as needed to ensure enrollment and confirm
- Maintain court date records. Once hearing is scheduled, notify
the participant immediately via phone or office visit based on the
service plan. Participant sign or verbally acknowledged the court
date. Provide location, time and directions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work,
Criminal Justice or related field.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish skills required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with
employees, community contacts, government officials and
participants. Ability to interpret and articulate rules, orders,
instructions, and materials. - Ability to compose reports.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and even temperament. Ability to
maintain self-control in stressful situations, such as
interpersonal confrontations or emergencies. - Ability to defuse
hostile or unstable situations.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to deal with multicultural contacts with
- Basic knowledge of immigration laws, regulations and
- Basic computer skills.
- US citizenship required.
- Must live in the United States three (3) of the last five (5)
years. Military and study abroad included.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Preferred Experience
- One (1) years of related experience in a similar position (e.g.
knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work
practices working with immigrant or foreign-born populations), and
have knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures and
requirements conducting a case management program at a local level,
preferred.Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
age, protected veteran status, or disability status.For OFCCP
compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting
Keywords: Acuity International, Redondo Beach , Case Manager - Los Angeles, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!