Program Planning Manager 2- Redondo Beach, CA
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Requisition ID: R10082005
- Category: Program Management
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Northrop
Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Program Control Manager 1 to
join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will
be located in Redondo Beach, CA. Roles and Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing a primary interface between Program Business
Operations and Program Management, including the Customer Program
- Acting as a schedule subject matter expert (SME) in the
development and statusing of mid-sized technically complex
schedules. Acting as a manager for a small number of schedulers
supporting a product line.
- As a Scheduling Manager, directing the development,
implementation and execution of the program business rhythm through
training, coordination and facilitation of Control Account Managers
(CAMs) and Program Planning personnel.
- Supporting integrated program reporting and variance analysis
for explaining and interpreting impact of results against program
baseline plans/forecast and facilitate the tracking and
implementation of corrective/preventative actions, including
baseline change requests (BCRs).
- Working in conjunction with the Northrop Grumman Earned Value
Management Systems (EVMS) Teams to assist in the maintenance of
cost and schedule baselines and forecasts that meet the program and
- Leading the CAMs in preparing for and participating in
Integrated Baseline Reviews and follow-up surveillance and
- Supporting the execution of an earned value management system
compliant with Northrop Grumman internal system description
standards to include organizing the work, developing cost and
schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly
analysis, and managing scope change control.
- Assist in supporting program EVMS status to program leads as
well as supporting internal management financial performance
- Supporting proposal efforts and other duties as required.As a
full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are
eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee DiscountsThis position's standard work schedule is a
9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Basic
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of related experience - OR - a
Master's degree with 5+ years of related experience. Additional
years of experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Experience with building and maintaining schedules in systems
development life-cycle using MS-Project 2013/2016. Minimum of 3
years of experience.
- Experience in forecasting and estimating, and/or cost/schedule
integration techniques, including subcontractor integration in a
program's Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Experience in critical path analysis, program management
reports, risk management tracking and/or corrective action
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. US Citizenship is a
prerequisite. Preferred Qualifications:
- Current and Active Top Secret/ SCI security clearance. US
Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Experience using scheduling tools such as MS-Project 2013/2016
in developing and maintaining large schedules/IMS. Working with
Control Account Managers (CAMs) to develop and maintain task
- Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) training, preparation and
- Experience with writing baseline change requests (BCRs).
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Supporting program surveillance reviews and oversight.
- Controlling major subcontractors with compliant earned value
systems requirements and Integrated Program Management Report PMR)
- Leadership of proposal and change activity with subsequent
integration into the Program Management Baseline (PMB).
- Familiarity with industry standard accounting, and cost
management software tools such as Cobra, Open Plan, Acumen,
Costpoint, and/or Cognos. Salary Range: $118,600 USD - $178,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Program Planning Manager 2- Redondo Beach, CA, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!