Manager of Technical Accounting and SOX
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Requisition ID: R10057918
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Job Description and QualificationsJob Description:This position
will report to the Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting and
Accounting and will perform technical GAAP accounting research and
other financial analysis as required. Position responsibilities and
- Provide on-call technical accounting guidance using US GAAP and
coordinate research findings and evaluation of alternatives with
- Draft accounting position papers summarizing technical
accounting issues, application of accounting guidance to the
company, alternatives available and recommendations.
- Evaluate the potential effects on all newly established and/or
potential accounting principle changes implemented by the Financial
Accounting Standards Board, Securities Exchange Commission, and/or
any other financial regulatory entities.
- Support contract EAC and profitability reviews. Review and
provide guidance on revenue recognition and performance obligation
conclusions reached under ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with
- Review various schedules and financial data and deliverables in
support of the Sector's monthly and quarterly closes and SEC
- Manage the Sector's compliance with State Incentive Agreements.
Review periodic filings related to these agreements.
- Update and maintain accounting policies for new accounting
pronouncements and other changes.
- Conclude and provide guidance on accounting for leases.
- Review monthly lease accounting entries and disclosures.
- Lead in the sector's implementation of new accounting standards
and company-wide initiatives.
- Prepare and present technical accounting training on a regular
- Lead the Sector's SOX program, including evaluation of risk
environment and adequacy of internal controls over financial
- Review Internal Audit findings to assess SOX implications.
- Perform miscellaneous financial analysis as required.
- Lead accounting and reporting efforts on ERP and other ad hoc
projects.Job Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, and 8 years of relevant work
experience; 6 years of relevant work experience with a master's
degree. Master's degree or CPA may be traded for 2 years of
experience. Master's degree and a CPA may be traded to a total of 3
years of experience.Public Accounting IF directly relevant may
count for up to an additional year of experience for each year of
- Recent Big 4 or recognized public accounting firm audit
experience (minimum senior associate level)
- Strong GAAP accounting proficiency and research experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, yet functions well in a team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Prior experience in Aerospace & Defense industryWe offer
flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities,
exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very
friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated,
proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services
and become even better at what we do.Our Employee Resource Groups
(ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the
company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be
a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself.
Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what
you're looking for?At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge
of innovation- building the next generation of sophisticated
aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs
means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are
well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our
excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional
benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching
Salary Range: $118,600 USD - $178,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement,
please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship
is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Manager of Technical Accounting and SOX, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!