Section Manager 2 - Thermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler Systems
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Section Manager 2 - Thermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 3 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider of prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.Northrop Grumman
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) has openings for Section
Manger 2 - Thermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler Systems reporting to
the Department Manager ofThermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler
Systemsin the VehicleEngineering Directorate. This position will be
located in Redondo Beach, California.The Section Manager 2 -
Thermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler Systems will:
- Provide support in maintaining and evolvingthermal, propulsion,
or cryocooler technologies that will continue to enable innovative
solutions for programs.
- Lead a group of approximately 15 engineers responsible for
thermal, propulsion, or cryocooler design, analysis, and test as
well as other fluid/thermal systems.
- Spend 20% of your time performing leadership, people
management, and supervisory duties such as management of personnel,
program design reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing,
recruiting, performance management, and enforcement of common tools
and processes used by section members across programs.
- Support spacecraft programs performing cryocooler engineering,
propulsion engineering, or thermal engineering
- Have prior experience with the design, analysis, assembly, and
test of flight hardware.
- Work with the vehicle engineering team to analyze, design,
test, and verify cryocooler, propulsion, or spacecraft thermal
- Responsible for requirements review, definition, assessment,
verification, validation, and flow down during all program
- Responsible for initiation, preparation, coordination,
archival, and submittal of deliverable items.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
or Math) discipline with six years of engineering experience
focused on the design, analysis, or test of cryocooler, thermal,
propulsion, or fluid components or systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Top Secret
Clearance and SCI Clearance.Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior functional management experience OR engineering team lead
- Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- An active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance and SCI
- Experience with cryocoolers
- Experience with spacecraft propulsion or thermal system design
and architectural development
- Experience managing the build and test of flight hardware
- Experience with SAGE and ANSYS
- Experience with thermal analysis tools TSS, SINDA, Thermal
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with negotiating requirements with customers,
flowing down requirements, and creating verification plans.
- Experience leading the creating of design review
packagesNorthrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits
program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are
eligible for:Medical, Dental & Vision coverageEducational
AssistanceLife InsuranceEmployee Assistance Programs & Work/Life
SolutionsPaid Time OffHealth & Wellness ResourcesEmployee
DiscountsFlexible Schedules:For example, some roles offer the
ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to
work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other
Friday off of workFor more details, please view Northrop Grumman
Benefits. Salary Range: $143,500 USD - $215,300 USD Employees may
be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Section Manager 2 - Thermal, Propulsion, and Cryocooler Systems, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!