Bus Propulsion Subsystem Manager 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2022
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider of prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) has an
opening for a Bus Propulsion Manager 3 to join our team of
qualified, diverse individuals in the Vehicle & Software
Engineering Department. This position is in Redondo Beach,
California and the selected candidate will report to the Vehicle
Product Center (VPC) Director.
The responsibilities of the Bus Propulsion Subsystem Manager 3
include but are not limited to:
- Lead the propulsion architecture definition and design for two
Spaces Vehicles (SV) while strategically focusing on maintaining
commonality with Eagle-3 Product Line to preserve program
- Lead a multi-disciplinary across architecture definition,
design and analysis, component selection, propulsion subsystem
testing, and delivery of two propulsion subsystems to SV.
- Serve as the primary customer interface regarding Space Vehicle
Bus Structure architecture and trades and partners with GSC to lead
planning and procurement of long-lead parts/materials and
mitigation of obsolescence.
- Manage Propulsion Subsystem cost, technical, and schedule
baseline planning for the Bus Propulsion.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 7
years of experience in the Space and/or Defense industry OR
Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of
- Prior Bus Propulsion leadership experience in a team lead or
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Top Secret and SCI
- Active Top Secret and SCI clearances
- Master's Degree in Engineering or a related STEM degree from an
- 15 years of spaceand defense industry experience
- Proven ability to lead a high-performing team with evidence of
being able to create trusted relationships, and an inclusive work
environment that attracts, retains, and inspires diverse and
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels of the
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example, some roles offer the ability
to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a
nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday
off of work
- For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits. Salary
Range: $171,000 USD - $256,400 USD Employees may be eligible for a
discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are
designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow
employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President
or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In
addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including
health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings
plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation
and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees
and their families is a top priority. The company encourages
employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S.
Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be
vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious
accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government
action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate
under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Bus Propulsion Subsystem Manager 3, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!