Contracts Manager 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2022
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems Sector is seeking a Contracts
Manager 2 to lead a Contracts team for the F-35 Program in Redondo
Beach, CA. The selected candidate will report directly to the
Senior Contracts Manager for the F-35 organization with dotted-line
reporting to the program Director of Business Management.Essential
- Provides leadership, training, and guidance to direct
- Administers contracts which includes the following
responsibilities: ensures compliance with all contractual
requirements, interprets contract requirements for program and
functional leadership, drafts formal correspondence, coordinates
CDRL submittal with all stakeholders, ensures timely invoicing and
payment, and reviews and executes contract modifications.
- Responsible for direct reports' performance in all facets of
contracts administration support.
- Serves as the primary interface with the customer.
- Conducts proposal preparation for sole source proposals. Serves
as the lead for the proposal contracts volume.
- Partners closely with Pricing & Estimating (P&E) and the
Capture team to develop and implement proposal strategies.
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer RFIs, draft RFPs, and
RFPs. Guides the program and direct reports on the implications of
model contract terms and conditions.
- Facilitates the proposal review process and ensures internal
reviews are conducted in accordance with company policies and
procedures. Partners with P&E and the Capture team to create
briefings for internal reviews.
- Builds and leads a team of highly motivated and effective
contracts professionals.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 7+ years of
experience in Contracts OR Master's degree from an accredited
university with 5+ years of experience in Contracts.
- Prior experience with DOD contracts or subcontracts and a
variety of contract types such as Cost Plus, Fixed Price, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the FAR and
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Outlook and
- Prior experience as a contracts manager leading a team of
- Prior experience working on a large sole source subcontractor
proposal. Salary Range: $118,600 USD - $178,000 USD Employees may
be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Contracts Manager 2, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!