Principal or Senior Principal, Vehicle Management Systems Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Principal or Senior Principal, Vehicle Management Systems
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is looking for a Principal or
Senior Principal, Vehicle Management Systems Engineer to support
the Systems Engineering organization in Redondo Beach, CA.Position
Overview:The selected candidate will support research and
development of flight controls for manned and unmanned air
vehicles. This is a dynamic and fun organization involved in
deploying forward-leaning avionics, guidance and vehicle management
systems for many of the newer concepts in development for air
vehicles, weapons, and many more platforms. Essential Duties:
- Perform hardware component trade studies.
- Define hardware components and interfaces for flight critical
- Develop electronics design coordinating with suppliers.
- Implementation of Input / Output interfaces (i2c, serial,
- Perform software development in C++.
- Work in a Linux environment.
- Deployment of software on real-time embedded hardware .
- Develop and perform component, subsystem, and system level
testing procedures to verify functionality.The selected candidate
should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high
expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team
settings across all levels. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and at
least 5 years of related engineering experience, or a Master's
Degree and 3 years of experience, or 0 years of related engineering
experience with a PhD.
- Experience with C++ and Python for software development and
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office with strong technical
writing skills and the ability to communicate and present technical
material to various stakeholders.
- Active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Secret security clearance
or higher is required, with the ability to obtain Special Program
Access (PAR/SPA). Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited university,
and 7 years of related engineering experience
- Experience with arm-based processors and FPGAs.
- Experience with electronics design.
- Proficient in C++ and Python, and development in Linux
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Secret clearance
with current or previous Special Program Access (PAR/SPA). Salary
Range: $125,500 USD - $188,300 USD Salary Range 2: $101,400 USD -
$152,200 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Principal or Senior Principal, Vehicle Management Systems Engineer, Executive , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!