Principal Engineer Material Process
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: March 10, 2023
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.Northrop
Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening for a
Principle Engineer Material Process, to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo
Beach, California.The Principle Engineer Material Process will be
part of the Engineering Team and is responsible for providing
Materials and Processes support to aerospace hardware production,
developing materials, processes, engineering specifications, and
performing metallurgical evaluations and failure analyses. The
successful candidate will collaborate with design engineering,
manufacturing, QA, and customers to help deliver high quality,
precision aerospace products. Our Principle Engineer Material
Processwill also investigate opportunities for improving existing
materials, processes, equipment, adherence to specifications, and
technology for attaining cost reduction and continuous improvement
goals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise and guidance on aluminum, ferrous materials,
other metals, material development, material selection, material
testing, coatings and failure analysis.
- Provide expertise and guidance on the relationship between
materials and manufacturing processes focused mainly on forging,
heat treating, and metals joining.
- Investigate opportunities for improving existing materials,
processes, equipment, and technology.
- Provide hands-on support to production operations to implement
cost reduction and productivity improvement projects.
- Perform rigorous failure analysis. Conduct or manage laboratory
testing and analysis.
- Support prototype trials, materials analysis and performance
- Participate in development and improvement of strategic
suppliers.As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space
Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee DiscountsThis position's standard work schedule is a
9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.Basic
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
Math) discipline plus 5 years of engineering experience OR Master's
Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
discipline plus 3 years of engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in aluminum, titanium, and/or ferrous
- Experience with additive manufacturing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance or
SCI accessPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science
- Active SCI clearance
- Material selection and qualification experience
- Working experience with DED additive manufacturing
- Metallurgical evaluation skills and failure analysis techniques
- Metallurgical experience in the aerospace industry
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% domestically and
internationally Salary Range: $95,000 USD - $142,400 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Principal Engineer Material Process, Engineering , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...