Staff Engineer Mission Assurance
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2022
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 5 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a talented Staff Engineer
Mission Assurance to join the Mission Assurance (MA) team within
Strategic Space Systems Division in Redondo Beach, CA. The
successful candidate will be a member of the Mission Assurance
Program Leadership team and will act as a program MA lead for a
smaller space program or in a lead support role to the MA Manager
within a larger space program. As the program MA representative,
you will have to wear multiple hats across the entire program
lifecycle and interface with all levels of program and customer
leadership. Helps define, flow down and monitor the MA program
specifications, requirements, and processes to ensure mission
success of the program. Performs or assures quality, risk
management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program
achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with
contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks,
and determines resources to ensure MA. Is responsible for MA task
delegation, coordinating staffing and establishing budgets and
spend plans. Ensures Mission and Quality Assurance support
throughout the development, review, delivery, and maintenance
cycles for program SDRL deliverables, internal plans, Gate Reviews,
and risk-based process audits. Works with the extended MA team and
program management teams to define, gather, evaluate, and
effectively present process and quality metrics, as applicable, to
assist with program efficiency, effectiveness, and continuous
improvement in support of current and future Rapid Development
Programs. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation of Mission Assurance
Principles across the program-life cycle to ensure compliance with
Contractual, Regulatory and NG SSSD requirements.
- Provide the Program Managers with an objective identification
and assessment of program risks and opportunities and an evaluation
of the efficacy of the risk management approach throughout the
- Communicate risk and opportunities to the Program Managers
based upon credible knowledge supported by quantitative and
predictive analysis when possible.
- Establish an integrated and executable mission assurance plan
for the program along with supporting plans that align with
contractual requirements and stakeholder goals prior to contract
start; maintains the planning throughout program life cycle to
ensure proper alignment with requirements and goals.
- Ensure correct and effective quality metrics are utilized on
- Advocates and implements continuous improvement opportunities,
providing leadership and guidance in identifying and executing
tasks to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of NG SSSD
- Investigates quality problems, issues, and failures through
root cause investigation and corrective action implementation.
- Must be able to verify Mission Assurance requirements,
determine Mission & Quality Assurance resource needs
- Interaction with both internal and external customers as well
as all levels of employees including: NG SSSD Program Mission
Assurance Managers, Integrated Project Team leads, and
representatives from Reliability, PM&P, Configuration
Management, System Safety, and Software Quality.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work
environment with high expectations, significantly diverse
assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Leads and supports all mission assurance and quality
engineering functions in support of meeting all contractual,
functional and program requirements in support of multiple, diverse
customer deliverables primarily in our space business area. Basic
- 14+ Years with Bachelor's in a STEM/Technical discipline; or
12+ Years with Masters; or 9+ Years with PhD.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Manufacturing
Quality, Parts Materials & Processes, Reliability, or Program
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret
Clearance or SCI Access. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Previous Rapid Development Program experience
- Previous proposal and early stage program execution
- Demonstrated written and verbal interpersonal, communication
skills and confidence to brief senior management with solid
foundation in Mission Assurance applications.
- Record of increasing responsibility and leadership supporting
manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, and Integration & Test
- Experience or understanding across multiple functions of
Mission Assurance to include: supplier assurance, subcontracts,
mechanical and electrical manufacturing, integration & test, and
- Certification in lean and six sigma Quality Engineering
- Prior experience in satellite design, development, integration,
testing, operations, and/or ground support is desired.
- An active SSBI/SCI Clearance Salary Range: $141,800 USD -
$212,800 USD Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in
addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward
individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in
company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions
may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop
Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance
coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid
holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal
business. The health and safety of our employees and their families
is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain
up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman
employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have
an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant
to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently
stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order
14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, , Staff Engineer Mission Assurance, Engineering , Redondo Beach,
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!