Staff Propulsion Engineer - Spacecraft Propulsion Subsystem
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Requisition ID: R10051793
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider of prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is looking
for a Staff Propulsion Engineer - Spacecraft Propulsion Subsystem
for the Thermal, Propulsion & Cryocooler Systems (TPCS) Department.
The spacecraft propulsion subsystem engineer's primary
responsibility is to guide the overall propulsion subsystem from
design and analysis to build and delivery. This position will be
based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
Spacecraft Propulsion Subsystem Engineer responsibilities include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the architecture and design of the spacecraft
- Overseeing selection and procurement of fluid components
- Performing analyses in fluid mechanics and have the ability to
scope, bound, and review analyses in combustion, aerodynamics,
thermal, and stress.
- Guiding mechanical design and overseeing manufacturing
operations and hot-fire testing on flight hardware.
- Interfacing with program customers and suppliers
- Overseeing testing campaigns
- Participating in issue resolution
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
(STEM) disciplineand 14 years of engineering experience; OR
Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 12 years of engineering
experience; OR PhD in a STEM discipline and 9 years of engineering
- Experience with monopropellant or bipropellant spacecraft
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Security
Clearance and an SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DOD Top Secret Security Clearance and/or Active
- Experience developing and verifying requirements for propulsion
- Experience performing propulsion subsystem fluid analyses
- Experience leading design reviews with internal and external
- Experience working with hypergolic propellants
- Experience leading teams
- Experience managing schedules and performing earned value
- Experience with spacecraft propulsion component hardware
procurement and supply chain operations
- Experience writing test plans for propulsion subsystem and
thruster testing Salary Range: $156,000 USD - $234,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Staff Propulsion Engineer - Spacecraft Propulsion Subsystem, Engineering , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!