Principal Microelectronics Semiconductor Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Redondo Beach
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Requisition ID: R10039371
- Location:Redondo Beach, California, United States of
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1 At Northrop Grumman, our employees have
incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that
impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations
to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be
at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's
history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to
stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who
have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces
to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture
thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing
your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of
history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading
provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed
energy and electronics solutions for national security, military,
and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing
innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products
that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the
Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.Northrop Grumman
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) has an opening for a
Principal Microelectronics Semiconductor Engineer to join our team
of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in
Redondo Beach, CA.The Principal Microelectronics Semiconductor
Engineer will develop cutting edge wafer level DC, RF, and
millimeter-wave stressing and testing software of advanced III-V
semiconductor products. You will support on-going reliability
screening and technology qualification, you will perform a wide
variety of tasks including hands-on laboratory hardware
development, software development, troubleshooting, equipment set
up and optimization, data analysis, and sustaining module-level
testing. You will thrive in a team environment and possess good
communication skills.Essential Functions:
- Perform hands-on laboratory RF test/stress development, RF
test/stress software development
- Troubleshoot test process set up and optimization
- Reliability data analysis and support manufacture screening and
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test,
reliability, and development teams
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of
- Programming experience in Keysight VEE, NI LabView
- This position will be in a lab environmentYou will thrive in a
fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly
diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
You will collaborate closely with product and process engineers,
and integration/test engineers.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5
years of electrical engineering experience OR Master's Degree in
STEM and 3 years of electrical engineering experience OR PhD
- Knowledge of RF test instrumentation and measurement
techniques, test software development (Keysight VEE, NI LabView),
semiconductor device operation, and semiconductor processing
- Previous programming experience in one or more of the
following: MS Visual Basic .NET, ANSI C and C-shell.
- Hands-on experience with manual and automated semiconductor
- Ability to obtain a clearance.Preferred Qualifications:
- Course work or work experience in Microwave Engineering and
- 1+ year of programming experience in either Keysight VEE, NI
LabVIEW or both.
- Strong GUI development skills preferred.
- Experience in equipment driver development.
- Working knowledge of Mil-Spec compliance requirements.
- Active DoD Secret Salary Range: $101,400 USD - $152,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions
that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and
paid time off.Did you know?Northrop Grumman leads the industry team
for NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex
and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021,
the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology,
and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our
understanding of the universe.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach , Principal Microelectronics Semiconductor Engineer, Education / Teaching , Redondo Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!